Welcome to VMV 2013!
Welcome to the official website of the 18th International Workshop on Vision, Modeling and Visualization (VMV 2013).
The VMV workshop is a unique event that brings together scientists and people interested in the interdisciplinary fields of computer vision and computer graphics, with special emphasis on the link between the disciplines. It offers researchers the opportunity to discuss a wide range of different topics within an open, international and interdisciplinary ambience.
The VMV workshop will take place September 11-13, 2013 at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Lugano, Switzerland.
- Hank Childs (University of Oregon and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Jamie Shotton (Microsoft Research, Cambridge)
- Olga Sorkine-Hornung (ETH Zürich)
Best paper award
- Level of Detail for Real-Time Volumetric Terrain Rendering
Scholz Manuel, Jan Bender, Carsten Dachsbacher
- Cloth-Fluid Contact
Markus Huber, Bernhard Eberhardt, Daniel Weiskopf
- Adaptive Surface Visualization of Vessels with Embedded Blood Flow Based on the Suggestive Contour Measure
Kai Lawonn, Rocco Gasteiger, Bernhard Preim
Sponsoring and Cooperation
The workshop is organized in cooperation with the European Association for Computer Graphics. Extended versions of the best papers will be published in Computer Graphics Forum and the best paper will receive the NVIDIA best paper award including an NVIDIA Quadro 6000. The social event is sponsored by the Swiss Informatics Society.